Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2011

Do Germans Find Frats Funny?

For this weeks AMD assignment, I decided to watch clips from the move "Old School." Last week I was searching for youtube videos of this "Old School," when I stumbled upon a bunch of clips of my favorite scenes in German. The clips were really funny, and because I knew what was said in English I could pick up on a bit of the German. The most interesting part in my opinion was that the German translation seemed to move at a much quicker pace than the English version. It felt as though the German version needed to speak quicker and at times longer than the English dialogue allowed for. This could be because German is still foreign to me and it merely felt quicker due to my lack of knowledge, or maybe German just tends to be more of a mouthful! Rhinoceros (rhino) was one of the words I recognized, merely because the dialogue was so obvious. other words that popped out were Pistole (pistol), Wurpfiel (dart), and Überwältigend (awesome). The video was almost funnier in German because some of the words sounded so goofy, and the dialogue was delivered with a lot of exuberance. Every time one of the characters would yell "JAAAAAAA!" I would die laughing. I hope I can understand all of the tiny differences in dialogue sometime soon. The clip may be even more interesting, and funny after that!

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jiq6rh91rs

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.