I thought that I would continue the trend of reading children's stories considering the fact that we are reading one in class as we speak. I decided to read "Max und Moritz" which is almost like the "Mother Goose" stories that many American children heard when they were very little. Each story has an ethical lesson that is highlighted throughout the story. "Max und Moritz" does rhyme, and tells a tale of two boys who did not pay attention in school. There two boys were always ready for mischief. A person would never have a moment without worry when those two boys were around. At the end of the end, the boys climbed a tree and fell off to their end. This is only the introduction to the stories of "Max und Moritz." The end of the Vorwort says in English, "All they did this book rehearses, Both in pictures and in verses."
I found it very interesting that German Children's Stories function in the same way that American ones function. I understand that our culture is not the most original, but we do have our own way of spinning things. I imagine that if I kept reading through multiple stories, I would hear some of the same moral lessons I would if I read my own Children's Books.
I am glad that I attempted to read some more German literature, regardless of its difficulty level. I need to read more to learn more, and that is what I plan on doing.
Until next time,
PB
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.