Montag, 31. Oktober 2011

Kultue 4

When I was reading the Two-Wheeled Teutons: Stay off the Bike Path, I was shocked that how seriously Germans pay attention to the bicycles. My country, China, has long been known for its name of the Bicycle Kingdom. If you take a look of the pictures of Beijing in last century, you can see a lot of people (even millions) riding bicycles to work or travel. However, this phenomenon disappeared in the past decades because more and more people prefer to buy a car instead of keeping their bicycles. The government does not pay much attention to the bicycle users, too, because unlike Germany, China doesn't have specific bike path. It is dangerous for people to ride their bikes on pedestrian because it's easy to hit others. It's much more dangerous to ride on traffic lanes because it is risky to hit by a crazy driver. I think it is healthy for people to travel by bikes instead of cars. Besides, it's more environmentally friendly. If the government can provide more safety environment for bicycle users, I think more people in China will consider getting their bikes back.
As for the Red Dictator, I think it's necessary for people to obey the traffic signal. It shows respect toward people's own lives and the drivers. We should be more careful if there are children around because if we can't obey the law, how can we teach our children to obey it? Talking about obeying the law, I would like to tell you a story I have read from a magazine. The story was about a student graduated from a university in Germany couldn't find a job because he had three Schwarzfahren and the companies he applied for were not happy to see that. It's always important be honest and remember: buy the ticket! It's not free ride!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.