Montag, 10. Oktober 2011

Kultur 3

Hello!

I am very interested in the article "Optimists are Idiots". I have read several articles about "how Germans like to complain" and "how they like to face the dark side" since the Kultur assignment began. It's pretty fun that they can always see the bad side of a thing. However I disagree with the idea that optimists are idiots.

It's not a bad thing that Germans like to complain and to worry. But when you are excited about one thing, it is not a good choice for others to "pour water on your face"(Chinese saying of discouragement). I don't think it's a good idea for Germans to "tell the truth" at this time. People should consider others' feelings when they talk.

When I first learned German in China, my teacher asked me to go to ICQ and take a look of what Germans were chatting. It was hard for me to understand what they were talking about. But when I asked a person in the chatting room to translate their dialogue into English, I can see pages of complaint.

Seems like complaint and beer are necessities in Germans' lives. I can't blame other people's culture but I still think it would be better for people to face the bright side and be optimistic.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.