Montag, 14. November 2011

Denglisch

For the fifth AMD I followed the suggestion to read up a little bit on Denglisch. We're learned a little about Denglisch in class as the mixing of English words into German, and that is more of a cultural issue than habit in the eyes of some. It is not surprising to me that languages would mix, especially in business and advertising because it can be utilized to grab attention and apparently appeals to the younger generations. I think what is most interesting about Denglisch, perhaps coming solely from an American perspective, is that it is causing such a controversy over the purity of the German language. The same issues would probably never occur with English, as it is already one of the major languages of the world.I am curious if Germans weren't to use verbs like downloaden, who would assert what the purist German word for it would be? After a search of Denglisch I thought it funny to find what appeared to be books to teach important Denglisch words to Business employees. I suppose the use of Denglisch in keeping up with business is more important than I thought. One can't help but laugh when they look at a sentence like "Das rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen das cotten-pickenen hands in das pockets."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.