Montag, 5. Dezember 2011
The Simpsons
I have to say, I've been very impressed by the topics for AMD postings. Any class that requires watching South Park and The Simpsons as homework, I have respect for. The Simpsons was funny as usual, but still hard to follow. It wasn't nearly as bad as my first AMD posting though, which is extremely encouraging. Understanding words like essen (to eat), verstehen (to understand), Schule (School), and Passieren (to happen) was extremely cool. I even understood a lot of the use of mir and other dative forms which shows awesome progress. Since the show was a German dub of an American show, there wasn't very much to do with German culture, but there was a nice French joke, which I thought was funny since everyone seems to make French jokes. The inverted grammar can still mess with me as I sometimes get confused by the conversational past and present, since it comes at the end of the sentence. It obviously costs a good amount of money to dub a show too, which means a German audience could relate to the material of The Simpsons. The fact that our humor and, to a certain degree, culture are so similar is what makes learning a foreign language so much fun.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.