Dienstag, 27. September 2011

AMD Blog

Yesterday I skyped with my brother...in German (mostly). My brother took four years of german in high school and six semesters in college so he is basically fluent. I first asked him his name and where he is from. One useful phrase that I learned was "Wie geht es Ihnen", which is the formal way of saying "how are you". He then asked me how the weather is in Ann Arbor. I learned that the word for cloudy is "bewolkt" and the word for windy is "windig". Some verbs I learned were  "können", "schlafen" and "machen". I really enjoyed this experience because it allows me to communicate in a new way with someone. It also allows me to practice what I have learned in the classroom and apply it to the real world. I also learned new phrases and words that I can apply in conversation and writing in the classroom.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.