It is amazing how much different German culture is from American culture. I found it cool when "Brutally Honest" explained that Germans see yes as yes and no as no. In America, it seems like everyone is uncertain as far as which means what. Germans like to stay concise and above all, honest. It makes me wish that Americans acted that way all the time. On the flipside, I would not want to be around people that complain all the time, which apparently is what Germany is notorious for.
The article about the "Germanic stare-down" sounds so creepy. I would feel so uncomfortable if someone was just staring at me without cease. Most Americans can't even look each other in the eye, so how would they be able to stand against the "German Death Stare?" I find it so weird, it is almost like Germans can't mind their own business.
I like how Germans ask if you have gained weight, and it is completely alright. They seem to just want the truth regarding things. Why beat around the bush when you can just be a straight shooter? If only Americans could just be honest with each other.
The Germans' love for statistics is also intriguing. If any American ever plans on traveling to Germany, they better have their facts down. Germans like learning new things, and so that is why so many German TV stations play documentaries.
The readings were fascinating to read. I liked how they showed how different German culture is from American culture. It is quite refreshing.
Auf Wiedersehen!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.