Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Yet another Kapitel 2

Hallo again!

So I just did the Brothers Grimm post, but I'm not sure if we are supposed to post about Kapitel 2 also, so I'll do that now!!

I really loved the readings for today. I thought they were pretty hilarious! I couldn't get over the "have you gained weight?" one. It would actually be better probably to live in a place where yes means yes, and there was no confusion as to what people really wanted, or what they really meant. That, and a place where you didn't get stuck eating fruitcake, because you could just openly state your distaste for it! I also love that they are documentary obsessed. I would love to turn on the tv and see documentaries all over the place! Finally, a country that doesn't think that "ice road truckers" qualifies as a TV show that should be on the History channel!

I also found the article on the "germanic stare down" to be pretty awesome. At first thought, that is really kind of odd and maybe a little creepy, but it is very interesting how that might be a quality that has been passed down because of Nazism and Communist East Germany. It ties in the current culture with Germany's culture historically, which as a history major I can say I'm always a fan of. Also, I'd really be tempted to do what the English person at the end of the article did. "Would you like to take a picture?" That's just great.

--Stephanie Leitzel

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.