One of twice in the past I had heard the German song "Mindestens in 1000 Jahren" by Frittenbude, and I have always enjoyed it but never really bothered to check the German meaning of it. With my very basic German and only recognizing a few cognates, I had no choice but to Google translate it. Yet somehow, I'm still not completely sure what the song is about - be it due to the processed translation or maybe the nature of the lyrics to begin with. I imagine its a song celebrating their way of life (as silly as that explanation sounds) from lines such as "Wir wollen die Freiheit der Welt" (we want the freedom of the world), and "Das is Kunst" (this is art).
However, what I do know after some research is that this is probably Frittenbude's number one hit after a rise in popularity that came from it being featured in a video by the German snowboarding group/team ("professional sports team" as described by their Facebook) Isenseven. The highly sponsored group puts out a snowboarding film around every year. I personally have no snowboarding experience or knowledge and I love their videos because they are so well produced.
Here is a link to a video for the song, as edited by the Isenseven, I swear its worth watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YYaUom4rh8
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.