Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2011

AMD 3

Hallo!

For this AMD I decided to look at a Korean manhwa (graphic novel/comic) translated into german. Manga and Manhwa (from Japan and Korea respectively) have always interested me, and I figured reading one in german would be really neat. I pick out issue one of "Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy" from http://manga.proxer.me/, since it is a series I've never read before. I'll catalogue my experience below.

Firstly, I was amazed at how much of the comic I could understand. While I understood almost none of the nouns and verbs being used, just by knowing the pronouns and conjugations of seinen I was able to puzzle out most of the comic. I'll try to explain the plot, from what I picked up:

The comic starts with a sword of some kind proclaiming that after hundreds of years, his master has returned/something of the sort. The scene then cuts to a boy (I assume - the character is fairly androgynous) in a forest, carrying a wrapped sword-shaped bundle. He seems to be amazed by it, but then realizes he is hungry. He spies a bird in the sky, and jumps incredibly high to try and catch it. Upon reaching it, he realizes the bird is much too big, and realizes that it is a wyvern (ein wyvern). The wyvern breathes fire at him, and he yells something to his sword, which is called Lamia, which protects him from the blast. He hits the ground and thanks his sword. The sword responds - giving us the hero's name "Chun Hwa-nim" - that the wyvern is behind him. He is chased by the wyvern, and falls down a hole. It's dark, so he says something to Lamia, which lights up, something he finds is "klasse". He makes his way to a door and opens it, finding a well-lit corridor. After a brief exchange with Lamia, he begins exploring, only to trigger a trap immediately, which nearly crushes him. After another exchange, in which Chun Hwa-nim seems clueless, he attempts to leave, only to have the door close and lock before him. He then runs down the corridor, finally finding some mysterious floating rock, at which point the comic ends.

All in all, this was an enormously fun experience - I'll probably read the next one for AMD 4.

Auf Wiedersehen!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.