We've been learning German language for a while now, struggling with the present tense irregular verbs and memorizing terms. I thought it would be interesting to take a step back and see the bigger picture. I googled German language, and as always Wikipedia appeared as the first link. I clicked on it, and read through origin of German language, overview of German Grammar, and use of German in today's world.
I knew that German was a language distinct from other European languages such as Spanish, French, or Italian. I was surprised to find that German originates from Indo-European languages, which comprises of Albanian, Armenian(!), Indo-Iranian (!), Italic (Romance), etc. Indo-European languages are spoken by 3 billion people. Germanic language comprises of mainly English and German.
There are 4 cases of German noun. We've learned two: nominative and accusative. We've got two more to learn: genitive and dative. There are also 3 moods of German verb: indicative, imperative, subjunctive. I believe we're learning indicative and covered parts of imperative in Kapitel eins, but we haven't covered subjunctive yet.
I already learned from class that about 100 million speak German. What I did not know was that it's the most widely spoken language in Europe beside Russian. It is also the official language in EU, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Belgium, and South Tyrol in Italy. It is also the administrative and commanding language of the Swiss Guard.
I knew that German was a language distinct from other European languages such as Spanish, French, or Italian. I was surprised to find that German originates from Indo-European languages, which comprises of Albanian, Armenian(!), Indo-Iranian (!), Italic (Romance), etc. Indo-European languages are spoken by 3 billion people. Germanic language comprises of mainly English and German.
There are 4 cases of German noun. We've learned two: nominative and accusative. We've got two more to learn: genitive and dative. There are also 3 moods of German verb: indicative, imperative, subjunctive. I believe we're learning indicative and covered parts of imperative in Kapitel eins, but we haven't covered subjunctive yet.
I already learned from class that about 100 million speak German. What I did not know was that it's the most widely spoken language in Europe beside Russian. It is also the official language in EU, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Belgium, and South Tyrol in Italy. It is also the administrative and commanding language of the Swiss Guard.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.