Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

German Metal is Pretty Poor - AMD2

So for my AMD2 assignment I decided to listen to some music by the band you mentioned in class, Rammstein. It was... interesting to say the least. No, actually, it was probably the worst thing ever. I couldn't find a song that remotely appropriate to talk about in this blog post, all of them had to do with sex, drugs, and/or violence. To make it worse most of their songs apparently have double meanings so I couldn't be certain. I was going to do their most famous song "Du Hast" but apparently that has a sketchy double meaning so I decided to pass on that. Eventually I settled on the song Rammstein by Rammstein, just because it was guaranteed to have no double meanings being about a historical event.

I watched the live performance of the song and it looked like it would be insane to be at one of their concerts. I also now realize why bands like this don't exist in America. You're just not allowed to have flamethrowers on stage and to blow things up in a stadium with a hundred-thousand people. The lead singer also looked like he was insane, kind of like the joker from Batman. The song was still pretty sketchy to be honest, so I'm not going to post the lyrics. It was essentially about the Rammstein airshow disaster and how terrible it was. Being Rammstein it was described in more detail than I would have liked. I did learn some good German words though!

Apparently the phrase "kein Vogel singt mehr" means "A bird sings no more."

mehr means more.
singt means "he/she/it sings."
Vogel is bird.
and then kein negates the noun.

That was honestly the happiest line I could find in the song... pretty depressing. I won't be attending any German metal concerts in the future because of this assignment.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.