So I was "surfen des Web" (I think that's richtig) for Germans songs and I stumbled upon a very familiar YouTube video. Now, I was not born in the 80s, but I have my experiences from the movies. Anyways, I was surprised to find the famous "99luft Balons" from Nena. I've heard the English version, but I think the German version is nice to listen because it's different than what I normally hear. Plus, it's got a catchy tune. Ist der Hit!
Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc
What I love about this song is that it's about Balons. I think it's so random. But, I looked at the English lyrics (it's the only way for me to understand it) and felt sad because it's about how people try to destroy their love because they don't understand. In fact, this is funny because I wouldn't express my love through Balons; that's what makes "die Leute versteht nicht". But the point is is that their loves doesn't die, in fact it takes many hits. I thought this was very sweet.
Just for a little fun, I listened to one more song my friend showed me on YouTube. I will not post the link here, but it's by Alex C. The song is called "You Have the Sweetest *ss in the World". You can look it up if you're interested. Anyways, I thought this was very different from the songs I hear in America. It was like a normal Pop song I'd hear from Rihanna and Beyoncé, but in German. I think that's cool. Plus, I didn't know there were African Germans. I think that was very cool.
Anyways, I guess I was unaware of how much America has influenced many other countries like Germany. I'll have to listen to more of there songs. Maybe I'll listen to Tokio Hotel.
Auf Wiedersehen!
Jonathon Parker
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.