Mittwoch, 2. November 2011

AMD 4

Hallo!

For this AMD, I decided to continue my foray into german-translated manga by reading chapter 2 of "Id, the Greatest Fusion Fantasy". Since I already introduced the series in my previous post, I'll dive straight in.

This chapter begins where the last left off, with Chun hwa-nim and his sword Lamia in front of a floating rock. Chun hwa-nim is quite confused by it, and asks Lamia what it is. Lamia replies that it (or at least the glowing lights surrounding it) is a hologram (ein Hologramm). [Bonus points for me because he uses Wahrscheinlich!]. At Chun hwa-nim's insistence, Lamia proceeds to read the writing on the rock, although he remarks that it is very old. It tells the story of the beginning of time.

Although the actual content of the story was a bit too advanced for me to pick up, using a dictionary to translate "Schöpfer" allowed me to get the gist of it. In the beginning there was the creator. Something happens, and to prevent that something he splits "der Schöpfungen" into 3 parts, one of light (Licht), one of darkness (Schatten, if my guess is correct) and one of chaos (Chaos). For some reason I cannot decipher, he further splits the part of chaos into 6 pieces of chaos. Those 6 pieces fell (a guess based on context - the word is fielen) to earth and gained free will (feien Willen). Something else happens, and the pieces of light and darkness do something to the pieces of chaos, apparently turning them into the rock that Chun hwa-nim now stands before.

What happens next is somewhat unclear, but it seems that the rock begins sucking in light, and then something happens to it/the hologram disappears. Chun hwa-nim is understandably confused, but is quickly distracted by a roomful of treasure (ein Schatz). Although he wants to take it all with him, Lamia is hesitant (probably), with good reason. Touching the treasure seems to have alerted its guardians, who are too numerous for Chun hwa-nim to fight. After a brief discussion of his options with Lamia, he runs, with the monsters hot in pursuit. He finds an exit, only to discover it leads to a cliff. Although he is about to fight the monsters, they are suddenly blow up, by some kind of group of heroes, who have mistaken Chun hwa-nim for a lady (Dame). Their leader identifies the monsters, splits his group up, and battle is joined with a cry of "Los Geht's!"

I could go on, but I understood almost none of the remaining text, so it would just be reading the pictures anyways. In short, this was another intriguing foray into german-translated manga. I'm beginning to think that manga is an excellent way to practice a language. Although the vocabulary is incredibly complex, having pictures that are almost understandable on their own lets you pick up on much more than you would otherwise.

That's all for now. I'll pick up again with Chapter 3.

Auf Wiedersehen!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.