I've learned that Germans are different breeds of humans that are way too logical and law-abiding citizens. Too different, almost as if they're robots that merely resemble the physical appearances of humans. Anyway, what I found really interesting was when the author saw a group of punks with mohawks waiting for the light to change. Really? I thought punks were supposed to be anti-government and supposed to break rules. This got me wondering what German punks do then for fun? Do they go against the society by having different hairstyles and fashion?
I actually see some of the German traits in all culture, so I don't think Germans are too different from us. The honor system of boarding German buses or trains could also be found in US. When I lived in San Diego the past summer, they actually had a similar honor system. Anyone could have boarded the monorails without showing any passes, but occasionally there would be people associated with the San Diego public transport system boarding and checking tickets. I still vividly remember a homeless person jumping off the monotrail when he saw couple of people wearing uniforms. He was about 6' 1", yet he wore size 5 pink female slippers.
I've actually seen bike lanes before in Korea, though no one follows the lane rules there. I was surprised to hear that bikers would not actually stop for pedestrians in Germany. This made me think that Germans are cold-hearted mindless robots, but it reminded me of the different environment the country developed under. What really surprised me was Germans love for nudity. I thought Germany was a cold humid country, but I supposed they try to enjoy the little things and savor the taste of bright warm rays hitting the naked bodies of theirs. German's culture seems to be very different, like any other culture.
I actually see some of the German traits in all culture, so I don't think Germans are too different from us. The honor system of boarding German buses or trains could also be found in US. When I lived in San Diego the past summer, they actually had a similar honor system. Anyone could have boarded the monorails without showing any passes, but occasionally there would be people associated with the San Diego public transport system boarding and checking tickets. I still vividly remember a homeless person jumping off the monotrail when he saw couple of people wearing uniforms. He was about 6' 1", yet he wore size 5 pink female slippers.
I've actually seen bike lanes before in Korea, though no one follows the lane rules there. I was surprised to hear that bikers would not actually stop for pedestrians in Germany. This made me think that Germans are cold-hearted mindless robots, but it reminded me of the different environment the country developed under. What really surprised me was Germans love for nudity. I thought Germany was a cold humid country, but I supposed they try to enjoy the little things and savor the taste of bright warm rays hitting the naked bodies of theirs. German's culture seems to be very different, like any other culture.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.