Hallo!
This set of articles was somewhat...odd. First off, the Bild Zeitung article. Since the scandal involving the News of the World earlier this year, I'm somewhat wary of any tabloid. The fact that this tabloid is so popular in Germany makes me fear for their sanity. Then again, tabloids are popular everywhere, so it's not just Germans I need to be afraid of....
On to the closed-door policy. I rather enjoyed this article. Too often I have found myself wishing that there was a standard behavior guide for things like this in America, rather than having to figure it out myself. The only problem with the German model is when the office is actually empty. Knocking, then trying to open a locked door is somewhat annoying. Still, I heartily approve of this method.
Lastly, the garbage article. Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that the German garbage system is convoluted and difficult to navigate. However, it does disappoint me. The more confusing one's trash and recycling policies, the less likely people are going to be to try to figure them out. Moreover, closing recycling bins on Sundays means that you are automatically deducting 1/7 of their benefit. One has to ask the question of 'why'? The article, unfortunately, does not speculate. However, I have a feeling this is another example of the German sense of humor at work.
Auf Wiedersehen!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.