On the summer of 2009, I went to a German concert at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp. Of course seeing students from a different country interested me a lot. What I didn't know is that my grandparents were being host parents for one of them. I took the opportunity to know her, and I sure was lucky to do so.
Sie heißt Elena Henes, und sie ist wunderbar. Although she lives in Germany, I still keep contact with her via Facebook and Skype.
My Activity:
Before college, it has been my goal to learn German so that I can visit my friends in Germany, so now that I'm in college, I Skype Elena frequently and chat about my class.
On 9/26 at neun Uhr um nacht, I chatted with her in as much German that I can spill out for like 2 hours. I missed her so much and we chatted about all the phrases I learned like "How are you feeling?" and "How old are you?" She also taught me some funny phrases that I probably wouldn't say in class. :D
She plans on visiting me this new year's eve. Can't wait for that! She's in DC for an au pair program so she is relatively closer. From outside of the class, she also teaches me about her schooling in Germany and how different it is from high school/college. For instance, they start high school with an interest (major is similar). But aside from informational conversations we do converse informally, like most college students would.
Overall, I'm glad that I have the opportunity to be connected with German friends and I'm glad that I'm taking German because I think it would be fun to talk to my friends in German. It does take time though. :(
Tschüss,
Jonathon Parker
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.