Who would have ever thought that Germans could be crazy. I knew everyone made fun of them sounding wütend all the time, but I didn't think they complained a lot. I'll have to watch out for that when I visit my friends. Anyways, I thought that Americans complained more, or that we are just very critical on many things, but I might be wrong. Maybe Sigmund Freud could figure that out about us humans.
As for the staring and getting into one's personal business, I don't think I could manage. I already get nervous if someone stares at me in the dining hall, let alone a library. I don't think I could handle a game of stare with a German. What have they got to look at? In addition, I think it would be quite rude for someone to get into my business through a window. Did I offer it to them? I kind of expect this in old women, but if a lot of Germans do this, I will have to try to keep my actions at an Ordnung fashion. :)
In the sense of answering a question, being honest is not rude at all. If anything I see it as not being modest all the time. My saying is "Tun Sie es, wenn Sie wünschen!" Of course, people may be hurt to some responses, but I don't think it should be the respondents fault. I wish people were more honest in America. I like how the article calls it a "polite inquiry". I found it funny when the journalist pointed out that "We should get together sometime" actually means "I hope I never see you again." :P Another part ich leibe about this article is that Germans are not subtil. They answer quickly and don't think twice. I wish I was like this.
As much as statistics are resourceful, I don't think I could find myself giving stats about my place. It's not that interesting. However, I do like their enthusiasm for learning a lot through statistics. Sometimes I fear that Germans may be biased or learn the wrong statistics about us Americans.
Overall, I was very impressed to learn about the German mannerisms and its difference to us Americans. I was kind of expecting this from Germany anyway, since I notice from my friends. I must have the cool ones because I don't think they're that verrückt (I believe that means crazy).
Auf Wiedersehen!
Jonathon Parker
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.