Freitag, 25. November 2011

German Bathroom

Wow that's really crazy. I always thought that having an attendant in the bathroom is a high class thing, but I didn't know in Germany they had it everywhere, from gas stations to regular restaurants. I guess this is one of the reason why people say Germans are of different breed compared to other Europeans. This must be really frustrating and annoying to go to a bathroom since one always have to tip the attendants whenever they use the bathroom. Whenever I go to a bar, I would choose the bushes over the bathroom any day of the week if I have to pay to use the bathroom.

But I feel really bad the attendants. They do not get decent pay, and they only receive party of the 'tip,' as the rest goes to the company that hired them. And the quality of the job in general, it just seems so bad. One's gotta remain in the bathroom when people are excreting, and that just seems so unfair. I wouldn't want to hear someone excretion process, let alone smell it. This job reminds me of the movie Deuce Biglow: Male Gigolo (1999). The main actor's father is a bathroom attendant in some fancy restaurant in the states. You could hear people farting and taking a dump in the background in the movie. Later on, someone clogs the toilet, and you could see how dirty this job can get. I suppose whenever I have to use the bathroom in Germany or see a bathroom attendant, I should tip them well.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.