
Hallo,
So I was browsing in the Internet trying to find an interesting artist. I thought an artist would be nice to blog about because I love art a lot, and I've been so distracted from school that I totally miss making art. But as for now, I want to blog about this German artist that I found. He is a surrealist and a member of the Dada movement in the 1920s. His name is Max Ernst, and the painting that really caught my attention was his L'Ange du Foyer, or Fireside Angel. It is so colorful, strange, and over schön!!!
As you can see from the image above, it is very strange--it is surreal. There is obviously a meaning behind it. In one glimpse, Fireside Angel is a contradiction. Obviously, it does not look like an Angel, but rather a monster/devil. While serving in WWII for four years, Ernst saw the war as a destruction of beauty. For instance he compares the monster to WWII's fiercest dictator. They grasp onto the victims and destroy them. Ernst believes that these Angels become devils in the end.
Overall, I see the painting as beautiful. It is definitely going to be on my desktop for a while. I hope you guys enjoy this artwork and look at more of his stuff. They are very surreal.
Auf Wiedersehen!!!
Jonathon Parker
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.