Since it's the holiday season, I thought it would be appropriate to read about Christmas in Germany. There weren't many differences at first while researching. For instance, they start preparing for Christmas in Dec. 6, which is normal. I hate it when people start preparing right after Thanksgiving. It needs to be right in December. Especially the Christmas music!!!
Anyways, I found one tradition that I found different from America. Germans do not just have Santa Claus. In a website that I read, one women said that there was an angel call Christkind, who would bring gifts during Christmas Eve. Weihnachtsmann, or Christmas Man, is Germany's version of Santa Claus and he also brings gifts during Christmas Eve. That is like double the gifts. I wish I had double gifts. :) There is a women also called Christkindl, who is the Christ Child's messenger and she also brings gifts.
Christmas here in America is like a corporate invention. It's all about shopping the best deal for gifts. Where is the tradition? I haven't felt it in a while. I wish that this Holiday break I find it, and also catch up on my sleep. I need it. Germans know where it's at.
Auf Wiedersehen!!!
Jonathon Parker
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.